Have you ever found yourself struggling to overcome the pain of your past? Maybe it was from your childhood, a failed marriage, poor decisions; etc. No matter the cause we all end up wounded at one time or another in our lives. The great news is we don’t have to stay there!
Throughout my life I’ve had my share of heartbreak and it has not been easy to work through these tough moments but guess what? Healing is a process and it takes time and below I’d like to share valuable information that has helped me along my journey.
What is a wounded soul?
A negative interruption of the mind, will or emotions. A wounded soul can derive from one or a series of events that left an individual deeply hurt and unsure of how to recover.
What causes a wounded soul?
Wounds left unattended often lead to spiritual infection which can develop into bitterness, anxiety, suspicion, self-sabotage, unhealthy cycles, isolation; etc.
6 Ways to Treat a Wounded Soul:
1. Recognize that you’ve been hurt– We can not conquer what we are unwilling to confront.
2. Identify how you feel – Give your heart permission to break. Often times, our healing is found on the other side of heartbreak. May sound crazy but true.
3. Apply the Word of God to your wounded area- Search scriptures to minister to where you are currently and develop them into affirmations.
4. Identify the role you played in the offense. – Sometimes we contribute to the pain we experience.
5. Set realistic expectations & enforce boundaries- Protect your peace at all cost (family members included.)
6. Guard your heart; don’t gate it- Experiencing hurt is inevitable in life. Be alert, open to love and discerning.