As a Business & Lifestyle Strategist I have had the honor of teaching women all across the country on how to unlock their perspective, unleash their potential and get activated into purpose from the pulpit to the marketplace!
I specialize in teaching women how to profit from their passion while getting their message out to the masses by…
- Creating a product-based business (writing books, creating courses/trainings; etc.)
- Creating a service-based business (launching their own coaching practice; etc.)
I provide purpose driven women with solutions and proven to work strategies on how to live their best life spiritually, personally and professionally while maintaining harmony in their daily activities.
Before we dive into today’s topic I’d like to share what coaching is exactly.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a simple yet effective form of personal development where the client and coach create an alliance that promotes and sustains the client’s personal growth and competence. This powerful relationship enables the client to give up who they are, for who they want to become!
It is my hope that by reading this article you will see the benefits of partnering with someone along your success journey who has been where you are and can save you time, energy and money by sharing their life lessons with you. None of us were designed to make an impact alone.
Below I’ll share with you…
- The role of a professional coach
- The benefits of coaching
- Why you need a coach
- 5 things to consider when hiring a coach
Hiring a life coach or connecting with a mentor can be a life changing experience if you are clear on their role, your position, where you are now and where you desire to be and are committed to doing the work!
Coaches are not some genie in a bottle. We are individuals who have committed to doing our life work and now help others do the same on a daily basis!
The role of a professional coach:
- A coach helps facilitate the exploration of needs, motivation, desires, skills and processes to assist the individual in making real life altering changes.
- Coaches use questioning techniques to facilitate clients own thought processes in order to identify solutions and actions rather than taking a directive approach.
- A coach observes, listens and asks questions to understand a client’s situation with a purpose of understanding where they are and offering solutions on how to get them on their path to destiny.
- A coach aids the client in finding out what is important and what helps to create a purposeful life that promotes their qualities or ideals; thereby enabling the client to live a fuller and richer life.
The benefits of coaching:
- Coaching helps build skills and abilities for effective relationships- personal and professional.
- Coaching paves the ways for more effective decision making in both the client’s personal and professional life in order to create higher levels of organizational effectiveness.
- Coaching can also assist with accountability, momentum, breakthrough, support, planning, structure, strategy, clarity, self-coaching, focus, acceleration, solutions, feedback, perspective, instruction, affirmation and more!
Why YOU need a coach:
Hiring a coach can help save you time, energy and money. Why exert all of your energy doing something that you are completely unsure how to manifest, when you can connect with a power player who can show you the ropes, share their experiences, answer your questions, encourage and hold you accountable, celebrate your wins, and much more?
I have seen so many people step out on their own all in the name of “saving money” only to end up spending more money because they failed to ask for help. If you feel you can not afford to hire a coach, I’m here to share with you today why you can’t afford NOT to hire coach.
5 things to consider when hiring a coach:
- Be clear on what you need– The more specific you are the more likely you are to find the right coach who can assist you in the area you desire to experience growth in.
- Do your research– Don’t just look at their website but also review Google reviews and their social media for consistency and more client reviews there as well.
- Make sure you are ready to do the work– Nothing annoys a quality coach more than anything than someone who wastes their time. Coaching is life changing but you must be committed to changing your life by partnering with your coach and implementing what you learn.
- Ask questions– This one is huge. Write down what type of coach you desire and what questions you have for them such as their area of specialty, coaching hours, assessment of your dilemma, plan of action they would take you through if you agreed to work with them.
Consultations are a great way to weed out who is committed versus those who are serious. Most coaches charge a consultation fee or offer a 10-15 minute free talk to learn about your specific need.
After reading this, it is my hope that you have found clarity in relation to the role of hiring a coach or mentor.
I am currently accepting new clients and would love the opportunity to work with you! Click below to learn more & schedule a 20 minute consultation with me today: https://womenofstandard.org/carlacannon.com/trailblazer-1-on-1-coaching/
***Did you find this article helpful? Comment below sharing what resonated with you the most + feel free to include questions you may have!***
I found this article very helpful because when I hire my Coach for the first time I was lost because I didn’t know what was a Coach and my role as a Client but remain I coachable.
If I got this information early on it would help me dealt with my problems differently. However my Coach was patient and redirect me which is a sign of a great Coach and I made the best decision.