I was in a coaching session with a client today assisting her in ways to break the cycle of not finishing what she starts. Then suddenly out of my mouth came the words…
FOCUS TO FINISH!
Immediately those words resonated with my client and I noticed she had experienced an AHA moment and a new burst of energy and excitement came through her tone of voice.
I knew in that moment, this is something great to share with my audience because how often do we struggle to finish what we start?
Whether it’s reading a book (or writing one), a new project, working out; etc., many things in life require focus, a strategic plan of action, discipline and will power to see it through! Let’s break these down…
- FOCUS- We live in a distraction filled world where so much is claiming our attention literally all the time. We must be intentional with what we choose to focus on by prioritizing what matters and removing what doesn’t.
- A STRATEGIC PLAN OF ACTION- There’s a saying I have been saying for the past few years, “A goal without a strategic plan of action is simply a wish.” What this means is that we can SAY we want to do a lot of things but the key is DOING it. But before we can do so it’s important to write out our objectives, clearly identify our goals and create a strategy plan that will bring you to the finish line of whatever you are hoping to accomplish personally or professionally.
- DISCIPLINE- John Maxwell teaches that success is found in our daily habits. Therefore, if you and I desire to lead lives of significance we must be intentional in our daily activities. This includes: being clear on who we are, what we want, committed to finish and maintain consistency throughout the process.
- WILL POWER- What it all boils down to is pressing through and getting it done. Truth is, we make time for what is important to us and we will see any task or goal to completion if it is truly something we desire.
CALL TO ACTION:
When it comes to your personal or professional goals, journal about what you TRULY desire and then answer the following questions….
- What is keeping you from finishing what you say you want?
- How can you break this habit of procrastination/self-sabotage?
- What type of mindset is required to accomplish your goals?
- Who can you connect with for support and accountability?
***2021 is just around the corner and I am now accepting new coaching clients who are serious about experiencing personal and professional transformation! Interested?
Head over to https://womenofstandard.org/carlacannon.com/trailblazer-1-on-1-coaching/ and schedule a consultation with me today!***
This truly bless me as I was journaling what was going on asking God. Instantly came to mind the enemy is not going to sit back and watch you succeed. I sit up and began to say “I am “over my life such as I am bless, I am God masterpiece, I am the head and not the tail, Bible scriptures dealing with what I am going through. I then realized I must continue doing what I have been doing in the past and not quit not even on good days as my Coach says. This is definitely a motivational blog I encourage everyone to read and take notes because we believe as women we are call to do it all when God hand is out He is waiting for us to grab it. God just said He wants us to walk on water but we must focus on Him.