Prior to coming into the New Year many of us had our minds set on our own goals, purpose and intentions. However, 2020 had other plans for us that has now affected the entire world. Many have experienced job losses, been affected by the virus, had loved ones to pass away during this time; so much has happened, and we are only in the second quarter of the year.
Despite the bad that has happened covid-19 and being quarantined has also allowed many of us the opportunity to slow down, spend much needed time with our family and evaluate our lives by refocusing on what’s most important to and for us.
During my time of solitude, I took some time to reset and realign as it relates to my personal growth. However, none of this would not have happened if I was not comfortable with my own company.
What I mean by this is learning how to enjoy being alone; being comfortable with your own energy, vibrations and thoughts. You are the one person you can never get away from therefore, it’s important to love on yourself as much as possible. Because before we can extend love to others, we must first extend it to ourselves.
Even if you are surrounded by loved ones, it’s important to take some time to yourself to think, evaluate, plan, or just “be” while enjoying your own company.
10 Ways to Become Comfortable with Your Own Company….
- Read a book– My favorites are memoirs and novels.
- Cook your favorite meal– This can be relaxing & help you find a new talent.
- Take a bubble bath– Soothes the mind, body and spirit
- Accomplish a goal- There’s no greater feeling than setting a goal and then seeing it to completion.
- Create a Vision Board- Provides motivation and empowerment. Dare to dream again.
- Journal- Great relaxation and detoxification method.
- Make a smoothie– Nothing more soothing than a delicious drink you made for yourself.
- De-Clutter Your Home– A de-cluttered home can lead to a de-cluttered mind.
- Take a long shower– No spouse, no kids, just you and the water. How awesome!
- Take a break from social media- Sometimes the news can be overwhelming, and we simply need to unplug, tune into our own lives & evaluate what we really want and what it will take to make our dreams a reality.
It is my hope that you will commit to implementing at least one of the above self-care tips today! You take care of everyone else, now it’s time to start loving on yourself as you learn to become more comfortable with your own company!