If you have followed me for any length of time then you know that I am passionate about helping women heal while discovering their authentic voice in the process! Today I want to share signs that your inner child may need healing but before we dive in, first I’d like to share why this topic is heavy on my heart.
I spent years hiding behind the mask of ministry while navigating with a broken heart. Today, I have made the courageous decision to live in my truth while walking in my purpose and my heart’s desire is to help as many as I can to do the same. I spent years with suppressed emotions due to childhood trauma, spiritual abuse, heart ache and additional painful experiences.
With that said, because I have done (and continue to do) the necessary work to heal my inner child, as a Holistic Transformation Coach I now lead so many down their individual paths of healing through transparency. Let’s get started.
5 Signs Your Inner Child May Need Healing:
- Self-Sabotaging Behaviors– People who do this tend to not feel good enough or undeserving of the opportunities that God sends their way so in return, they tend to get in their own way to manipulate the outcome to prevent failure.
- Unhealthy coping mechanisms– Here we tend to turn to unhealthy external factors such as sex, alcohol, drugs and even becoming workaholics to avoid dealing with the pain from our past or present.
- Relationship issues- Here is where you must honestly access your experiences and ask yourself some really hard yet life changing questions such as:
– Why did I allow that behavior?
– How did I contribute to this outcome?
– What is my challenge with setting healthy boundaries?
– What do I truly desire from my relationships?
– How can I show up better in my relationships?
- Mental, physical and/or emotional issues– These things may linger or derive from unresolved trauma which leads us to feelings of sadness, loneliness, anxiety, depression and more.
- Self-criticism and low self-esteem- Here is where you may tend to see yourself according to what others have called you or said about you.
No matter where you may find yourself, know that help is available and the first step to overcoming anything is through acknowledgement.
*Do you desire assistance with healing your inner child or healing through painful experiences that are currently keeping you stuck? Schedule a VIP Life Coaching Session with me today by heading back to www.CarlaCannon.com.