Entrepreneurship is a beautiful opportunity to use your gifts to serve others, and on the outside looking in it can appear to be very attractive. But the truth is it has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life (and also one of the most rewarding.)
Being a BOSS as so many like to refer to themselves is about much more than running your own business or how much money you make (which I feel is completely irrelevant). Being a BOSS is more so about your mindset than anything else.
When it comes to running a business you are 100% responsible for EVERYTHING! That includes creativity, branding, marketing, strategies; etc. To some this may seem overwhelming and it can be at first however, that is why it’s important to not to try to do it alone.
Here are 5 Secrets to Building a Business that Lasts:
- Build a Team– Even if you can’t afford to pay them at first, bartering is an option as well as bringing on interns and volunteers who believe in what it is you are doing and desire to be a part of the vision.
- Be strategic in EVERYTHING you do– Don’t get caught up in activities that steal your time but don’t bring a real return on investment (ROI). Examples may be: Scrolling on social media getting distracted by ads that lead to you purchasing someone else’s product when you have failed to promote your own. Study the marketers and duplicate their methods. Run your own ads and use social media to your advantage which includes making time to build authentic connections. It also can’t always be about a sale.
- Don’t get caught up working IN your business more than you work ON your business- Working in your business can include checking emails, being on calls that steal more of your time rather than increasing your bottom line; etc. Working on your business includes flowing in your sweet spot; doing things that only you can do. Emails, scheduling clients and handling my booking details can take up so much time therefore, I hired an Administrator to handle that for me.
- Keep it fun, fresh & exciting!- It’s so easy to get caught up in doing the same old routine and if you are anything like me, I get bored very quickly. Therefore, I am always thinking of ways to keep it fun, fresh and exciting for my clients that I serve as well as my business as a whole.
- Continue to grow as a person and so will your business- Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love to read. One of my favorite places to go is the book store. As an entrepreneur it is so important that you continue to educate yourself whether it is through the books you read, webinars or workshops you attend; etc. Whatever you do get plugged into some type of training every week that helps increase your bottom line. Some of my favorites to follow on Instagram are:
– @thesixfigurechick- She specializes in teaching entrepreneurs how to use Instagram for their business. I have paid for many of her trainings and have found them to be very helpful. She is definitely someone I glean from in relation to having an online brand and digital marketing.
– @amyporterfield- She specializes in teaching entrepreneurs how to build engaged email lists, and profitable webinars. She has an amazing podcast that I have found to be extremely helpful.
– @johnmaxwell- We all have heard of The World’s #1 Leadership Coach. I tune into his trainings on leadership often so I can continue to grow spiritually and professionally. I enjoy his books, online trainings and daily emails in which he calls “Minute with Maxwell.”
– @thepapermoney- They specialize in sharing tools that help you build and sustain a successful business.
I encourage you to follow each of the above pages on Instagram and Facebook if you are serious about taking your business to the next level. Entrepreneurs should connect with other entrepreneurs. WHY? Because there are certain struggles that only other entrepreneurs will understand and be able to relate to.
***Found this blog helpful? Be sure to comment below & share it with your network so they too can have access to this information.***
WANT TO WORK WITH CARLA?
Click here to schedule a consultation today: https://carlacannon.com/trailblazer-1-on-1-coaching/