(Encouragement for Single Women)
Happy Friday ladies! I decided to end Friday off with a bang & speak with you briefly on not compromising & being the WOMAN OF STANDARD you were created to be!
- Know that you ARE beautiful! You don’t need a man to tell you that for your Heavenly father has already told you this clearly in Psalm 139:14
- God will supply ALL of our needs therefore you don’t have to settle for someone just because he has a good job, nice car & promises to take care of you. Allow God to be Jehovah Jireh (Your Provider) & wait for him to present a GODLY man to you & follow your heart. DO NOT SETTLE
- You are attractive! You may not be the size of a model but you are gorgeous! So, what you don’t have the straightest hair, so what you have a little more of you to love, love you regardless! If there are things that are changeable such as getting in shape then make the appropriate changes but it is vital that you love yourself in the process!
- Lastly, NEVER settle for anything less than God’s best & ALWAYS be secure in your own skin! Don’t get so caught up in your make up that you feel you are not beautiful without it! You must learn to love YOU with your flaws & all! Even the most beautiful women have insecurities! You may not believe this but it is true!
- So, ladies if you are like me, single & find it discouraging at times because it appears that majority of our men are either taken, homosexuals, cheaters, or just downright no good. I beg to differ for there are still some good men out here! But we must raise the bar & make them come up in their approach toward us & how they treat us. Stop settling ladies & keep your legs closed! We must stop being so easy to prey upon & stop being so vulnerable.
- So what he is fine! So what he has a nice ride! So what he makes good money! Our first questions should be is he saved? Is he Holy Ghost filled? Does he follow the leading of the Holy Spirit? I’ve learned that nowadays being saved isn’t enough but we need the helper (the Holy Spirit) to lead & guide us.
- Ladies, we must also learn to at least get to know a man on more than just one occasion & stop inviting men over to your home, go to a public place. Stop putting yourself in compromising situations! True, our Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak but God gives us wisdom so use it!
- There is so much more I could say but for the sake of time I won’t! Just remember that you are a Woman of Standard & let no one tell you any different. Truth is men will treat us how we treat ourselves & if not demand respect. If he can’t handle it cut him off & keep it moving!! Some of us act like it is such a disadvantage to being single but truly we are better off than married women! (In Madea’s voice) “Read your Bibles ladies! Read your Bibles!”(comical but true)
- But, seriously more importantly he should reverence your relationship with the Lord. We must learn that when we meet people & we really don’t have peace about seeing him again we are to follow that still small voice & not be fooled by an appearance of godliness. Love you ladies & remember NO COMPROMISE & UPLIFT A STANDARD!